francois j duminy
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
CAPE TOWN PLASTIC SURGEON CV
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Mastopexy is the lifting and tightening of the breast carried out mainly by the
tightening of the skin envelope and the subcutaneous soft tissues.
Usually, this is done by removing some of the skin, thus necessitating surgical scars,
Sometimes it can be done by using liposculpture techniques to tighten the skin, thus avoiding any surgical scars
Benefits experienced by most patients:
1. Lifting and firming of the breasts
2. Increased Projection of the breasts
3. Improved self-image leading to greater confidence.
4. The ability to wear the clothes they have always wanted to wear.
5. Feeling of restored youth after Pregnancy and Lactation
These vary with the chosen method - see below.